Lori's Minute

Friday, October 27, 2006

Marshmallow Peeps

Anybody else out there love marshmallow Peeps like I do? Seems like most people either love'em or hate'em. In fact, I am the only person I know that loves them so I would really be happy to have someone else in the same boat (so I can share).

They used to only make them for Easter but now they make them for all the holidays....even Valentine's Day. Today I bought some ghost Peeps....I like to open the package and let the peeps get crusty because they are so much better when they are stale.

Family Update: Hubby stayed home today since the kids were off of school. We finally went and bought our pumpkins. It was a nice fall day. We played Scrabble tonight. It is the first time in a long time we had a family game night. (Kind of funny because the 11 year old came up with 'daft' and 'dung'). The five year old threw away an empty bag (did not leave it in the cupboard) and the other one changed the garbage without me asking...must be a full moon. Tomorrow the kids want to play tennis before the weather gets too cold.

Have a good one!

6 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Catch said...

I love the marshmallow thingies too, and I love for them to be stale too!!!! How funny is that??? When I but them I tear a whole in the paper and stick them in a cupboard and try to forget about them for a few days!!! I have even put them in hot chocolate before!!!!

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

my kids love them but i must say i have never tried them..i will next time i get the chance and will let you know.

i'm sorry that your eyes are progressing like that. i cried tears when i read about you being afraid of seeing the kids for the last time..i was compltely overtaken with emotions, it broke my heart for you all. many at times i feel useless and powerless to change anything and this is one of them. how i wish there was anything i could do or at least say-but there isn't.

you handle everything with grace and guts, i know that with your loving family and God's graces, you will bear this horribly heavy cross too-but i soooo wished you didn't have to.

i'm often humbled in this world of ours. too often i sit here in my own world and forget my problems are really just tiny ant hills..it's been a little while since i told you how much i admire you..i'm sorry.

sweet, i admire you and all the you do and how you do it and because of why you do it. a true example of wife and daughter and most of all mother.

thank you for the gift of your visits considering the many good choices you have from. pls know i understand if changes occur.

we are friends, that won't change. i'm here for the long haul. better or worse, unconditional love and friendship my sweet.

many, many positive thoughts and prayers your way.

and again, your kids are just adorable..you have done good girl :)

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I am another one who likes peeps and with a bit of crust. It sounds like you had a nice day.You deserve it.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Peeps are nasty. Peeps are gross. Stale of fresh I find them revolting. All I taste are preservatives and dye. Blech. Must wash my mouth now at even the thought of putting nasty Peeps in there .... :shudder:

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger kristi said...

I am one of those that like the peeps too, but only one at a time. I will buy the whole package just to eat one peep.

I love playing scrabble, it sounds like you all had a perfect family night. I wish I could get mine to go like that

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Come next Easter I'll remember you love peeps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home