Lori's Minute

Thursday, October 19, 2006

My Box!

As most of you parents of young children know, if there is an empty box around, they ( the kids) want it. Yesterday, my five year old got a big wheel (not really because he hit a kid at school during recess so hubby put it together in front of him and he is not allowed to ride until he does better in school but that is a whole 'nother post). So, there sit this wonderful box. I see it and immediately claim it as mine to put things in it for goods I want to donate.

On the side of the box is a picture of a big wheel. My son asks me what I am going to put in the box. I reply "Clothes for people who can use them."

His response. "Hey mom, wouldn't it be funny if a kid saw the box and opened it up thinking he got a big wheel but it was clothes? He would be really, really mad!"

Yeah, I would be ticked, too.

Family Update:
My vision has really been giving me trouble lately so that is why I have not been posting much lately. I hope it is only because I have not been sleeping well and not a permanent change....time will tell.

We are going to visit the in-laws and get another load of boxes and help them pack. This is our fourth trip in four months...pretty good for us. We may get pumpkins, too. We need to be back for Sunday school so my daughter can find out what part she got in the Christmas play. She actually auditioned and sang in front of three judges...she has never sung before in public so I am really proud of her!!!!

9 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Grampa's proud too.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I was concerned that you have not been blogging. I hope that the problem is temporary. Watching your dad put together a Big Wheel and not beable to play with it is good punishment.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I was concerned that you have not been blogging. I hope that the problem is temporary. Watching your dad put together a Big Wheel and not beable to play with it is good punishment.

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So proud of Bree!:)

Those darn boxes. I swear it is a cruel joke by the toy makers. They charge you lots of $ for a toy knowing the box will be the kids entertainment.

I hope your vision is just a temporary thing too. Try to pamper yourself a bit and get more sleep. I will say a prayer.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Hey, it is good to hear from you. I stopped and said a prayer for your eyesight when I read that part. Hooray for Bree! Tell her to break a leg.

And as to hitting 5 year olds an, Hot Wheels and boxes ... the punishment was fitting. School will teach him better ways to deal with frustration. The box may disappoint a child because it doesn't have a toy inside, but it will make the donation center very happy because of what it does contain.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Catch said...

I hope all is well with your eyes Lori! I did notice you have been posting and commenting much lately, but I figured you were busy with the kids and school, please take care!

I hope Bree gets the part she wants!!!! Tell her I said good luck!!!!

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Tina Dray said...

my two love boxes to at christmas they've been known to play more with them then their toys!

hope things improve with your eye's

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger kristi said...

Lori, I hope that your vision gets better. I noticed that it has been a while since your last post.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

both your kids are just wonderful..hooray, yuppi, whoo-hooo for great kids!

sorry about the eyes thing..pls keep us updated. i will pray for your eyes hon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home