Lori's Minute

Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Drive Back

The drive back from SD was hairy. Pete was thinking of driving all the way home but as we headed into Albert Lea, MN there was a huge, dark wall cloud. They started talking on the radio about tornadoes, high winds and hail. We decided to turn around and get a hotel in Fairmont. When we got up the next day we heard there were several tornadoes and flooding as well as fallen trees and powerlines. There was another storm coming so we left early to stay ahead of it. We got home around three in the afternoon. It was good to be home. Pete did a great job driving and the kids were well behaved.

*****

Today I had my Field Vision Eye test. Pete dropped me off after he dropped off Luke at camp. My appt. was not until ten but I brought a book along to read. They got me in early and I was done by 9:30. Pete came back early and took me home. The test went fine but I am pretty sure there was a change from the last time I took the test two years ago. I won't know until the doctor looks and compares the two tests.

For those of you who do not know, this is a test where you sit in a chair with your chin against a chinrest and one eye patch on. You stare at a dot and the person giving the test moves a tiny, dot light from the far outside of the screen towards the center. I am supposed to click the button when I see the light approaching the center dot. WIth one eye, I never could see the smallest light dot but did see the larger dot. The left eye I could see the smaller dot but only when it was almost ontop of the center dot. I could see the bigger dot as well. Both eyes I could only see the bigger dot when it was two or three inches from the center dot or closer. Pretty sad, really.

*****

We went to look at bunk beds for Luke, new chairs for our living room and a new bed for Bree. The one we made for her fell apart. We did not buy anything but did find some things we liked. The chairs currently in our living room are too big and bulky plus hard to sit in because the seat cushion always falls out. We will probably check out a few more stores and get something but I have a hard time making a decision.

Once home I rolled up the garden hose so it looked better and got bit by a million mosquitoes. Now I am really itchy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home