Lori's Minute

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I had a nice time at the family reunion. Pete said it was the first time he went to something like this and he could eat everything on the table! (Funny, when I was talking to my cousin's husband I mentioned I missed the reunions and he agreed, saying he missed the food). We stayed at a hotel, watch the Packer game and went swimming in the cold pool but the hot tub was warm.

Back at home, I have been serious about getting cleaning done around the house. Having the rummage sale really got me going. You may recall I cleaned out my bedroom closet, still have not gone in there so it is still clean. Yesterday and today my daughter and I have been cleaning the laundry room which in our house includes going through the winter coats and boots. I'm almost done. We have more things to go to goodwill and some of it is winter stuff so I am sure it will be appreciated.

Next up is the closet by the front door...more winter coats and misc. things because I did not know where to put them...umbrellas, a telescope with a tripod, and for some reason, a few Halloween costumes. Once that is done, I will tackle the drawers and cabinets in the main bathroom.

Tomorrow, Pete has his gallbladder removed. I really hope he feels better afterwards. I have known him for 16 years and his tummy has hurt this whole time. Maybe it is me?

The kids have their school supplies and are all set to go. I will miss them, it will just be me and the dog at home.

The new dishwasher came but it is the wrong color so we sent it back. Every time we order an appliance, it is never right the first time. (It said the right color on the box, but once opened, it was wrong.)We should get the right one next week Monday. If we get a trash compactor instead, we will start using paper cups and plates and be done with it.

2 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger bettygram said...

I know I have not talked to Pete but I have been thinking and praying for him. I have been driving Pennie around.She will be seeing the blood expert on the 9th of September.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Paper cups and paper plates work well.
Bree called and said Pete was doing well so we are glad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home