Lori's Minute

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rummage Sale Mania

We had a rummage sale Saturday. It was exhausting getting ready for it because we decided at the last minute to have it. My friend Jane brought over a bunch of her stuff as well. Pete and Bree helped out and Luke told everyone how his toys worked. He would make a good sales person.

I think it was a success...we have room in the garage (a little) and a little more room in the basement. Pete and the kids took the money they made and went to Toys R Us two hours after the sale ended. I am using the money I made to take everyone out for a steak dinner!

It was cute seeing all the young families come and get excited over finding stuff. Our neighbor who is watching his first grandchild for a week came over and bought some stuff to have for his grandson to play with when he comes over.

One of the few things I had left over which did not sell was the wooden kitchen set my dad made for me. Breanna played with it for awhile but it has been sitting unused in the basement for a few years. This morning, a woman who was looking at it yesterday came back today to see if we still had it and she bought it for her two little girls. I will miss it but I am glad it is getting used.

I think that will my new motto...use it or give it to someone who can!

1 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

Rummage sales are a lot of work to prepare and then after the sale to clean up. It sounds like the sale was successful, and Luke developed his selling ability.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home