Lori's Minute

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Conversations

While Pete was at the Packer game two weeks ago, it was around 25 degrees. He had heating pads for his hands and feet. He was sitting there and said to the guys," I am warmer now than I am watching the game on the tv in our family room!" (I keep the thermostat pretty low in our house).

Last night when we went to bed, my son was already asleep on the chair in our room for a couple of hours. I turned out the light and said, "Good night. Pete, Good night, Spanky" and then added "Good night, Luke" since he was in the room. We heard a little voice say, "Night!" We laughed and laughed.....I asked him the next morning if he remembered saying it and he said "No" but he did wonder why we were laughing in the middle of the night.

Every day I walk my six year old to school. Now, when I walked my daughter, as she left, she would always turn around and wave. Even as she got older and I watched her leave the house, she would look back at the door and wave. Not my son, he just keeps walking. THe other day, he turned around and waved so I smiled and waved back thinking it was great. When I went to pick him up, the first thing he said was, "Mom, I was NOT waving at you but my friend, Lydia!"

A couple nights before Christmas, my son asked me to tell him a story while he was in bed so I talked about the Christmas story. I talked about the angels, Joseph and Mary and no room at the inn so she had the baby in the stable and placed him on the hay in the manger. I talked about the three wise men and the star. He asked me a question which I prepared myself for but not the question he asked. "Mom, how did they keep the goats from eating the hay in the manger?" Gosh, I have no idea...

Last night I paid the bills. I said to the hubby to watch his spending the next couple of weeks. He nodded while staring at his laptop. This morning he called to see if he could go to the Packer playoff game this weekend because his sister had a oouple of tickets. JUST GO ALREADY!!!!! Seriously, I am glad he can go but his birthday is coming up and this will be his gift. (Father's Day gift, too).

Have a good one, people!

5 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OC talks in his sleep. Mostly he says one word phrases like, "covers," and "tired," but if I ask him a question he will usually answer. Of course, no matter what the question is, his answer is, "I love you."

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

I love Lukes question. In all the times I have heard the story I never wondered how the hay was kept from the animals.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kids seem to put all things in order, dont they?

 
At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I enjoyed all the little glimpses into the life of my son and grandson. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home