Lori's Minute

Friday, September 11, 2009

Finally Spring Cleaning

My daughter is being confirmed this weekend. We want to have people to the house after but as usual, my house is so messy and dirty even I cannot stand it. In the past I would start cleaning but get distracted and never finish a room. So, my new rule is do one room at a time and get it done no matter what it takes. If that means piling stuff in the basement, so be it, at least the one room will be clean. So far that way of thinking has worked well. I have cleaned the living room, washed the windows and am now finishing the dining room. I cleared out everything that was not supposed to be in those two rooms. I broke a candle holder which set me back an hour cleaning but that's ok...expect delays.

My daughter offered to help so I had her dust the curio cabinet thinking she would have fun handling each object and putting it back any way she wanted (she did). We talked about our favorite pieces. Hers is the white rose and mine is an AVON perfume bottle I had when I was a little girl but all the items are precious.

Next up is vacuuming the stairs, cleaning the loft, mowing the lawn and then working on the kitchen and main bath. I have two days to get all that done. If it doesn't, oh well, at least some of the rooms will be done and I am actually pretty happy about that! Whoo-hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home