Lori's Minute

Friday, May 15, 2009

flower power

Today my mom took me out to lunch...we both thought the servings sizes were double what they should have been (so was the price). Then we went to Steins and bought flowers. I bought a bunch of purple impatients and potting soil. Usually I only fill the barrel in front of the house with flowers but this year I am going to do two pots on the side of the house and three hanging baskets off the deck. My bleeding hearts are blooming nicely and mom said she looked at my lilac bush (the one I hacked down last summer) and there are blossoms coming so that it is a relief I did not kill it. I did notice I had more trouble seeing the plants at the store than I did when I was there last year but I keep going anyway.

Pete and I went and got some more of dad's papers out of his office. I found checks he wrote in 1966. He has labels for his labels (Christmas, patriotic, etc). He saved every referee rule book from 30 years ago...mint condition but I doubt anyone would want them. Maybe I'll see if I can sell them on ebay. Anyway, the office is almost cleared out.

Luke and I are watching Walle while Pete and Bree are at the Blizzard game. I can't believe I found all the remotes I needes to play the movie (can't believe we found the movie since it was not in its' case). Dad would shudder at our disorganization.

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

You wonder why things are saved. I know that there will be things to ponder why did they save that?
Good work on the movie I don't know how to play mine.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Organization is not a Linna trade mark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home