Lori's Minute

Saturday, March 28, 2009

This was spring break so we went to Madison and Milwaukee. The last day I was ready to go home but we still had to go see the Titanic exhibit.

We woke up early and headed to the continental breakfast which according to the ticket, was in the lobby. We go to the elevator and wait...it is the time when people are checking out so we cannot get an elevator. After 15 minutes we walk the eight flights down to the lobby only to be told the breakfast is on the top floor. We try the elevator and get on the first time and go to the top floor. It is a revolving restaurant which Luke loves. I don't enjoy it because we need to eat breakfast and check out to make our museum check in at 9:30. Pete forgets his wallet so he leaves to get money to leave a tip. He seems to be gone forever but finally comes back, we eat, go pick up our bags after calling the front desk to sort out a billing error. (Still not sure if it is right but will wait for the credit card bill).

We get our car, hook up the GPS to go three blocks to the museum. Unfortunately Pete put in the Madison museum rather than Milwaukee so the GPS lady keeps trying to get us on the HWY! after driving in circles for a half hour I see a guy coming out of an office building and ask him for directions. He makes sense and we make it to our destination.

Now we get to the parking garage, the ticket booth has about eight different directions and we are stuck trying to figure out what to do, the gate fails to go up so Bree in the back has to open the sliding door to the van, push more buttons until we finally get the gate to go up and then we search for another 15 minutes for a parking spot.

We finally find one and make it to our check in at exactly 9:30.

The exhibit is somewhat interesting, we see a few other areas of the museum, see the IMAX movie and finally head home trying to decide whether to take 41 or Hwy 43. We take 43 since it is much closer.

In the car Luke asks me why I sound funny. I ask him to clarify. He says, "You sounded mad." I ask when that happened and he responds.. "In the hotel, in the museum, in the car..."

I said I wasn't gonna be happy until we were home safe and sound.

Now we are home so therefore I am happy. I think the rest of the family is glad we are home too so they do not have to deal with my crabbiness anymore.

4 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

We are all glad you are home.

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have had days like that. I know how you feel, it always seems to be better at home.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

When things don't go well crabby comes out.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home