Lori's Minute

Friday, April 24, 2009

Had a good day yesterday. Luke's school had family reading night so he and I went. Usually Pete does these things since I don't do crowds well but I was in the mood to go and Pete was not feeling well anyway so it worked out.

I am so proud of Luke. He will be eight in a couple weeks. He was very good at making sure I got around the school with his verbal directions. "Turn left here, watch out for the bale of hay (there was a western theme) or turn right by the door up there." He also noticed when I was looking for him and told me where he was. "I'm right behind you, mom!" I asked him if it was embarrasing for him to have a mom with a white cane and he said "Sometimes." I am glad he did not say "All the time".

He wore a cowboy hat, his jean jacket and a Packer bandana. He looked so cute. We searched for his "Wanted....for Reading" poster. All the kids had their picture on a wanted poster. We found it right next to the Commons.

He bought two books at the book fair...one on Bionicles and the other on bugs. We almost purchased an ISPY computer game but it was too expensive.

They also had a raffle of theme baskets so we put our tickets in a movie basket (Luke saw there were Starburst in that basket), a Mother's Day basket (I saw all the chocolate), a dog basket and a kitchen basket. We did not win.

Then we came home. It was nice to do something with him outside the house, just the two of us.

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

It was nice that you did get that time together.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is indeed very special. I'm glad you two had a good time.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Those are very special times . Treasure them.

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Melli said...

Sounds like it was a special time for both of you. Indeed, we need to treasure the moments with our kiddos - they grow so darn fast! You know!


Lori, I just came from Dr. John's and heard about your Dad passing. I'm so sorry. He is out of his misery now - but I know you are sad. You and your family are in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home