Lori's Minute

Sunday, April 19, 2009

We had a nice Easter...I got a rainbow of peeps from the Neenah Easter Bunny and they are already all gone. My brother in law cooked and my steak was just right. Pete was my partner for canasta and we did well. It has been a long time since he was my canasta partner because he does not like to play.

My mom made brunch and we got more candy from the Easter Bunny. I also got a plant which I will put in my garden.

I hacked down some more trees and bushes in out yard. It is slowly getting done. We decided we need to call a professional to take down one of our trees. The roots are out of the ground and too close to the house.

My dad is now in hospice. We took the kids to see him Saturday and he was doing well that day. Luke showed him the scorpion he made out of legos and Grandpa played with it. Breanna was a good interpeter since I had a hard time understanding what he was saying. I sent in my next column to the paper for teacher appreciation week. I dedicated the column to my dad since he was a teacher.

This week I found out the bus goes to the nursing home so I will try it out. I have to make a transfer but I studied the map well and it should be fine. I just have to make sure I have enough quarters. Monday will be a practice run because on Wed. I am going to spend the day with dad so he will not be alone.

Brewers finally won and so did the Blizzard.

We had a talk with Luke about his homework...he was rushing and getting sloppy. He did not like being talked to. From now on he has to do his homework before he can get on the computer. I think he will be glad when school is done.

2 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

I hope the bus worked out for you.
I am glad your Dad was having a good day when you visited.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy those good days with your dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home