Lori's Minute

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I did not get to do my trial bus run on Mon. or Tues. because it was raining and snowing at the same time. But today the weather was perfect. I walked Luke to school and then walked another 1/2mile to the bus stop. I got on and asked "$1.50, right?" and the nice lady busdriver said it was only 75 cents for people with disabilities. I got a transfer to the other bus which I would catch at the metro station. Once there I walked all the way to the other end to catch the other bus. I took that bus to the Walgreens (they are all over the place here) and found out there was a stop right in front of the nursing home.

It took an hour to get from the first bus stop to the nursing home. I went to dad's room and told him I took the bus to see him. He said he was glad I was taking the bus now. He even asked me a few questions. Ne was awake until noon and slept until just before I left. I stayed from ten until three because I had to be home by 4:30. As I left I thought I heard dad say something and I popped back in and asked what he said and he said, "Thanks for staying the whole day."
"No problem!" I said with a thumbs up and just made it back to the bus stop at 3:08. That particular bus only comes once an hour so it was important I catch it.

I got home at 4:30. Bree picked up Luke at school. Then she had confirmation class. Luke and I had bagels with cream cheese for supper. I know it is not a meal but it did the trick.

Brewers win!

2 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

I am glad the bus worked out. Your Dad appreciated your visit.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Glad you got to see your dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home