Lori's Minute

Friday, June 29, 2007

Day Three

Today we wake up and are ready for our second park...Magic Kingdom. The only thing I want is a picture of the kids in front of the castle. After the disappointment of the continental breakfast yesterday, we decide we will stop at the McDonalds which is right outside of Magic Kingdom. We all put on our required attachements, hats, sunglasses, etc. Since we do not want to eat breakfast all covered in suntan lotion, we decide to put it my backpack along with our digital camera, all snug in it's own bag.

The lotion is in a canister similar to the hair mousse product. Just before we head into McDonalds, I open the bag and lift out the can and it's totally EMPTY!!! "On no!" I say and my husband asks waht happened and I give him the camera and he takes it out of the case and it is wrecked! Our $300 digital camera is totally ruined!

I try not to blow a gasket. The day is just beginning and I am determined to have a good day. What about our picture in front of the castle??? Well, we set the camera in the car and see if it dries out while we are eating. Once we get to the park, we shell out money to purcase more lotion ( squeeze bottle this time) and we head to the castle. Pete tries the camera and we think it took a picture, we are not sure. An hour later I take the camera out to take a picture of us at the Aladdin ride but the lens is stuck so now we know it is gone for sure. Hopefully we can still use the memory card and the pictures that were on it before it got maced.

Again, determined to have a good time on this "vacation of a lifetime" we manage to have a good day. As we were leaving, it started to rain. In front of us my husband and son are skipping to the car...the only thing missing were a pair of Mickey ears on my son's head. (I wanted to get him the hat with the ears but he said no). Then my daughter said, "Look, a rainbow!" I kid you not, a rainbow over Magic Kingdom!

Before we went back to the hotel for another swim witheven more unsupervised kids, we stop and get a new camera and breakfast items for the fridge. I call my mom and tell her about the camera and in her usual calm voice says, "Well, if that is the worst thing that happens to you on this trip, consider yourself lucky!"

Yes, mom, I am lucky.

2 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Anybody who goes to a park and it rains when they leave is lucky.

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the rainbow.
Betty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home