Lori's Minute

Monday, August 16, 2010

Blog advice, anyone.?

Well, I really need some advice from my blog friends.

My brother is being an idiot. He has been selected to be responsible in taking care of some legal matters but ignores it so now I have attorneys calling my house and sending me emails.

When I talk to him or send him emails, he blows me off just like he has my whole life. When I told him dad was not getting better, he said he was fine. When I suggested he talk to his doctor because he was the only one allowed to, he did not. When he asked me to call medical records to get them ready for him to pick them up, I did but he never went to pick them up.

The one time I asked a lot of questions about his boys, my nephews, his response was "You want too many details, your are worse than the soccer moms...geez!" SInce I hardly talk to him over the years I did not think it was a big deal but apparently to him it was. Then he proceeded to show me his newest phone/toy asking me to watch something on this tiny screen when I couldn't see it because of my low vision.

I don't want to cut him out of my life but I don't seem to have a choice. I am so angry at him. I have offered several times to help him out in any way. What really gets me is the people he does talk to would rather not upset him than stick up for me. I feel like I have nobody in my corner. No one thinks about upsetting me.

My friends say he must have a good reason but they don't know him the way I do. He has not been responsible for anything his entire life. FOr such a smart guy, he can be really stupid.

It all comes down to this, I can only control my own behavior and as of right now, I choose to cut him loose. Ater forty years, I am tired of constantly towing the line. Let someone else do it because I 'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home