Every once in awhile I like to do a top ten list. Years ago, my mother told me I only had one fault, I do not like people. She was actually being kind because I have several faults but this one is number one. Since I started my weight loss program a whole four days ago, now I am really hungry which leads me to being very grouchy and now I am taking it out on people I do not like. I am rafraining from the molesters and abusers because most people do not like them. So, today's top ten list is 'People I do not like.'
10. Those who cut in line. Would it be too much trouble to ask, 'Do you mind if I go ahead because I am really in a hurry?' I bet most people would oblige.
9. Those who do not follow common rules or laws such as the white cane law. I have a white cane and motorists are supposed to stop ten feet beyond to let the sight impaired person to pass. This rarely happens.Not only that, but I am also hearing impaired so I do not hear the cars coming. If they would follow the law, there would be no problem.
8. People who are easily offended and assume people are always talking about them. I had a friend when I was in college where I worked. She was beautiful and funny and I really liked her. But then, she accused me of talking about her to someone else but it never happened. After a couple years of this, I had enough. She was not worth it.
7. The single guy who complains about how high his property taxes are but buys the biggest house on the block. Get a smaller house! Same goes for the person who gripes about his car payment and gas prices and then you find out he drives a HUMMER.
6. People who assume since they feel a certain way, everybody must feel the same way. My dad is like this. He never thinks to call before he comes over and then gets upset if we are not home or if we are on our way out. He says he never minds when people drop in on him, so he thinks it is ok to do it to everyone else. He gets hurt since he is the dad, he should not have to call. My point is it may save time if you call and find out we are not going to be home, then you won't waste a trip.
5. Telemarketers who call and then get mad at me because I said "No" and they continue to talk. After the third time I have said "No" I ask if they misunderstood me or what part of 'No' do you not get. Now, I put the phone down and walk away.
4. People who blame everyone else for their lousy life but refuse to believe they have the power to change it. They do not even try to change it! In the end, everone is responsible for their own happiness.
3. People who gripe about their jobs but refuse to look for another one. At least look and see what is out there.
2. Parents who do not care about their kids. Why did they have kids if they do not want to watch them or care for them?
1. People who always talk about themselves, never ask how you are doing or seem to care and then wonder why you do not call or write anymore.
Tomorrow's list will be positive...maybe top ten things I Love about my life. (It is all about me, you know...I guess I could fall in to number one on todays list..oops!)
Hey, I'm not hungry anymore!
Have a good one.